Launch of Compendium of WHO and other UN guidance on health and environment
On September 3rd, the World Health Organization (WHO), UNDP, UNEP and UNICEF launched the Compendium of WHO and other UN guidance on health and environment which compiles 500 actions to create healthy environments for healthier populations outlined in over 400 documents.
The compendium serves as an easy-to-use repository of practical steps that practitioners, decision- and policymakers can take to scale up actions to reduce almost a quarter of the worldwide disease burden, including Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs), related to the environment.
- Find here a News release with more detailed information about the compendium and its uses;
- Watch the Explainer animation; a brief 2-minute summary video;
- Use the Social media tiles to share with your partners via Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram or simply via email;
- Print and pop up the Poster for your office wall or for sharing with partners;
- Explore the Infographic explaining how to use the compendium;
- Need more info? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The full Compendium can be accessed here. Thematic chapters can also be downloaded separately from the dedicated website.
The compendium is a living document to be updated yearly, or as soon as a major WHO or other UN guideline on health and environment is being released.